It’s not news that these days almost everyone is trying to get social media attention.
This is inspired by success of those who went viral and trended on social media for some video they shared on one of their social media accounts.
Everyone from police officers , Medics, Soldiers, Teachers etc. wants a share of social media fame because they believe that it opens a door of opportunities.
There are others that are making so much money posting dirty videos on some explicit platforms and they share telegram links to their dirty channels on Facebook.
Due to this people have little or no time to socialize in person because the process of creating content for social media keeps them engaged to their phones all the time.
Whenever they are not on their phones they are thinking so hard about what could go viral so that they can work on it.
Then there’s the other group that does not post anything on social media but is always there criticizing and dropping hate speech in comment sections. This group’s main aim is to discourage whoever they think is on the way to success through the social media and other ways.
This group accuses people of chasing clout as if getting clout isn’t the reason through which people succeed in the Media and Entertainment industry. Their comments will leave a weak minded person thinking that what they are doing is wrong but as long as it’s a message you feel comfortable sharing with the whole world, there is nothing wrong with it.
If they ever accuse you of chasing clout tell them that you are posting videos with the intention of getting everyone’s attention because that’s what the media is for. To spread a message through a medium. You can’t spread a message without seeking attention so chasing clout is not something you should be ashamed of. As long as you’re not doing anything that affects people negatively.
Otherwise as we we are social on social media let’s also set time apart to be social away from your phone or computer. Also don’t force it. If creativity is not for you try other ways of succeeding in this life to avoid stressing yourself with something you cannot handle.
With reference to this article, I made a spoken word like narration of how being social in the social media but antisocial in reality has affected the society we are living in. Kindly follow the link below to check it out on YouTube and also subscribe to the channel and share widely.
- ‘Digital Nomad’ song is now on YouTube. Here’s what the song is all about.People will always be people. Just like most can’t accept […]
- A man should never move in with a woman if he neither owns the house nor pays house rent.In ‘come we stay’ relationships, more and more men are […]
- African citizens are languishing in poverty. Most people are waiting upon the day they will have a genuine celebration. When holidays will no longer be ordinary days for them. People in the slums are struggling day and night. When will the struggle end? Is there any hope for them. Politicians have kept all the riches of the nations to themselves. They have forgotten that they were chosen to represent the people not themselves. Listen to this message of warning to African leaders. This is the state of africa. There’s need for change.
- ALL SHE EVER WANTED WAS TO BE ACCEPTED BUT WHAT SHE NEEDED WAS TO ACCEPT HERSELF.I met Kaitlyn some few years ago at a park […]
- Antisocial but social in social media.It’s not news that these days almost everyone is trying […]
- Are people like animals?I saw something else about the people who live in […]